Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Wellness Wednesdays!


There are a total of 8 VEGETARIANS associated with us here at Peaches Happy Daycare, we just want to know: What's your favorite way to "Go Veg?!"

Miss Rozelle has been a vegetarian for almost 7 years now! What's some of her favorite "Go Veg" things to do? :

-Always shop local! Local Farmers Markets are a great way to try new foods!

-Menu planning will save your life! No one likes to get home from work and not know what's for dinner. I have a chalkboard in my kitchen and list a simple menu for the week every Sunday, then go shopping shortly after writing the list. I also cook extras so there will be something yummy for lunch the next day!

-PLAY WITH YOUR FOOD! I always like to "get bored" in the kitchen, this allows me to be creative with what I have in the pantry.

-I promote ALL animal safety by donating to ASPCA, ARF, and local humane societys, & I also hand out Peta2 flyers to dog owners about the dangers of leaving your dog in the car. Would you leave your child in the car on a hot day? NEVER! So why leave your pets in there? No one wants to be in a hot car wearing a sweater!

On your next trip to the grocery store or farmers market, let your child pick out a new fruit or vegetable, and let yourself (and your kids!) get creative in the kitchen!

No comments:

Post a Comment